Subject: Re: Computers, Computers, Computers.
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 05:06:07 -0500

On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Simon Auchterlonie wrote:
 
> Which new machine to buy?
> 
> a.) First thought about a Dec-Alpha, a good fast machine, but doesn't run 
> Photoshop.

This will most likely change when WinNT 4.0 becomes available...all 32bit 
IBM apps (anything compatible with Win95) should work with FX!32, which 
is a "PC translator/emulator" of some sort.

> b.) Then someone told me about Raptors and that these beasts trample over 
> the Dec-Alphas. This was my next choice.

Raptors ARE Dec-Alpha machines. (well, MOST of them are)  DeskStation 
Technologies' Raptor workstations are considered the best by many people...
I own one and am VERY happy with it!

> c.) The last, but first choice, if you know what I mean is the good old 
> Silicon Graphics machine. But I've heard some good, I've heard some bad.

If you get one of these, you better have a generous, rich uncle or VERY 
deep pockets.

                                     -David Warner